Deborah L Hylander
March 20, 2020
~~ UPDATES ~~
- On March 20, 2020, Treasury Secretary Mnuchin automatically postponed the deadline for filing Federal income tax returns and making Federal income tax payments due April 15th to July 15th.
- Extension Forms 4868 or 7004 do not need to be filed unless you need additional time after July 15th.
- There is no limitation on the amount of the payment that can be postponed.
- This relief is only for payments due for:
- 2019 Federal income tax returns, and
- 2020 1st Qtr Estimated Tax Payments.
- At this time, 2020 2nd Qtr Estimated Tax Payments are still due June 15th.